COMMON SIGNS OF CRAWL SPACES ISSUES
Crawl spaces are an often neglected area of the home because they’re out of sight. Many homeowners fail to notice minor issues until they’re noticeable problems. Here are some warning signs that your crawl space might need to be repaired:
- Uneven floors: Floors that appear to be sagging on the ground level might indicate a damaged crawl space.
- Humidity and musty odors: These can indicate excess moisture in your crawl space.
- Pest infestation: The appearance of insects, rodents, or snakes could signal that your crawl space is damaged.
- Footing issues: If the footing of your foundation is sinking, sagging, torn, or collecting standing water, it’s a good idea to have your crawl space assessed.
- Damaged drywall: Noticeable cracks in your walls are often signs of foundation and crawl space issues.
"*" indicates required fields
Protecting Your Crawl Space with SafeBase™ Push Piers
Kennedy and Sons uses the SafeBase™ Push Pier system to reinforce foundations and protect crawl spaces from damage caused by unstable soil conditions. Replacing a foundation is a time-consuming and costly project that doesn’t fully address the issue of poor soil. The SafeBase Push Pier system provides an effective and permanent alternative to a foundation replacement.
Push piers work by transferring a building’s weight to be supported by more stable soil. During the installation process, a bracket is attached to the foundation footing and the piers are hydraulically driven through the ground until they reach deep, load-bearing soil.
Benefits of SafeBase™ Push Piers
- Lower cost: They’re a cost-effective alternative to replacing a foundation.
- Weather resistant: Heavy rain or snow do not determine their effectiveness.
- Permanent: You won’t have to worry about replacing or repairing your system. Each pier comes with a 25-year warranty and is load tested for durability.
Push pier installation is an important process that protects the structure from further damage and supports the integrity of your home. Contact Kennedy and Sons today to learn more about our crawl space and foundation repair solutions.