CRAWL SPACE ISSUES
Many homeowners overlook their crawl spaces because they’re out of sight and therefore out of mind. It isn’t until there’s a noticeable issue that requires attention that homeowners will take the time to look into this neglected area. Almost 50% of the air circulated in your home originates from this area, so it’s important to keep your crawl space well protected from the outside elements. An exposed crawl space could open your home to the following:
- Pests and rodents
- Moisture and excessive humidity
- Mold or mildew
- Musty odors
- Rotting wood
- Unclean air
- Damaged drywall
"*" indicates required fields
SAFEBASEMENTS™ HEALTHY LIVING ENCAPSULATION SYSTEM
An encapsulation system is a safe and effective way to seal your crawl space and protect it from excessive moisture that can cause long-term damage to your home. You’ll also benefit from better indoor air quality, reduced energy bills throughout the warmer and cooler seasons, and improved structural integrity to your home. When repairing or encapsulating your crawl space, Kennedy and Sons Structural Solutions will use one or more of the following methods:
- SafeBasements™ Vapor Barriers: Made from 100% polypropylene, these barriers enhance water drainage and provide an airtight seal to lock out outside moisture.
- Crawl Space Sump Pumps: These units are constructed from cast iron or cast aluminum and are more energy efficient than traditional pumps.
- SafeBasements™ Sump Pump Basket: These specially designed sump pump baskets include a sealed polycarbonate lid that locks in bugs, gasses, moisture, and soil.
- SafeBase™ Floor Stabilizers: We use steel stabilizers to provide extra support and level your floor.
Installing an encapsulation system is also a cost-effective solution to transform your crawl space into a usable area of your home. After it’s sealed off from the outside elements, you’ll be able to enjoy extra storage space or another recreation area.
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from not having to worry about excessive moisture, mold, and structural damage. Contact the team at Kennedy and Sons Structural Solutions today to get started on encapsulating your crawl space in the Huntsville area.